Monday, November 21, 2011

Jeff Buckley - Dream Brother




There is a child sleeping near his twin
The pictures go wild in a rush of wind
That dark angel he is shuffling in
Watching over them with his black feather wings unfurled

The love you lost with her skin so fair
Is free with the wind in her butterscotch hair
Her green eyes blew goodbyes
With her head in her hands
and your kiss on the lips of another
Dream Brother, with your tears scattered round the world.

Don't be like the one who made me so old
Don't be like the one who left behind his name
'Cause they're waiting for you like I waited for mine
And nobody ever came...

I feel afraid and I call your name
I love your voice and your dance insane
I hear your words and I know your pain
Your head in your hands and her kiss on the lips of another
Your eyes to the ground
and the world spinning round forever
Asleep in the sand with the ocean washing over...



--

Translated by allexhale


一個孩子倚著他的雙生兄弟沉睡著
這景象在風起時變了調
因為黑暗天使伸手撥亂了一切
在伸展開來的黑色羽翼下注視著他們

在她奶油色秀髮間的氣流中
你迷失於她白皙肌膚的這份愛是如此自在
而她綠色的雙眸流露出道別的訊息
她手心裡捧著她的頭
而你
一邊在世界之上灑下眼淚,一邊吻上了別的唇
我夢中的兄弟

別變得像那個使我如此蒼老的人
別變得像他,徒留下空洞的名
因為 -- 有人正在等著你
就像我也正在等著什麼
但甚至從未有人出現 ...

我擔憂你
我呼喚你
我愛你的聲音,和你狂亂的舞姿
我聽見你的話語,我明白你的痛楚
當你捧著自己的頭,她正吻上別人的唇
你往地上看
世界還會永遠旋轉下去
在沙上沉沉熟睡,伴隨著海洋的反覆淘洗 ...



--

引自wiki:

It is believed to be a song about a warning to a good friend, his "Dream Brother", from walking out on his pregnant girlfriend in a similar way to Jeff's own father, evidenced in the line, "Don't be like the one who made me so old".

2 comments: